Stories, Legends, Poems and History
"Riding to Heaven" in the background
Song of Tai-Chi - A poem from a blind
Chesapeake Bay Retriever whose name means "Supreme
- Ghost of the Night - A short story by
Westcliffe Innkeeper Cindy Howard.
- Whither Bound Mankind? - From the collection of
Stanton Wesley Todd jr.
- A poem from an old, deaf dog whose name: "Wing
Chun" means "Beautiful Springtime".
- An impromptu liar's contest at Westcliffe Properties.
- Article from the Sunday, September 16th, 1984 Sunday
- Westcliffe Angels - Deputy sheriff Roger
McDonald and local rancher John Rusher become Angels.
and Listening... - 83 year old Professor
Huston Smith offers us some of his Wisdom.
- Somewhere in Time - John Watt Johnston writes
to his future wife in the year 1845.
- Conversations with God - An excerpt from the book
by the same name.
- Learning from Lakota Indian Medicine Man Walleye Black
- An excerpt from Anne Besant's book - "The
- Himmelsleiter - The Art of
Solo Climbing - A book on solo Alpinism
by Arthur Vyn Boennighausen.
- Sounds Interesting - Interesting sounds lead
to adventure and excitement in Westcliffe, Colorado.
- The Moon Eyed Horse - A "Hired Hand"
from the V Bar Ranch offers a Campfire Tale.
- An excerpt from Gaston Rebuffat's book: "On Ice
and Snow and Rock"
Under Bermuda - An excerpt from Michael
Zinsley's new book.
Reed in the Wind - Westcliffe's Carol Reed
Vimont shares her family history from 1785.
Angel's_Gift - A thought from the Angels
on Christmas Day.
in North America - Thoughts from Michael S.
Johnson in Homer, Alaska.
- You_Can - Metamagical Illusions
with a Message.
- Colorful_People_Of_Westcliffe by John Piquette.
- The Town of Westcliffe by John Piquette.
Stonemason's_Test - Professor of
Stonemasonry, Michael Oswald tests some new students.
Redneck_Test - A local test that you may
not want to pass.
Everest, Mount Analogue and the Impossible - We climb because
"It" is there.
- Hermit's_Lantern - Let your Light show the
- Artist, Alpinist, Poet, Roy Kerswill shares his Wisdom.
- Out and about on skiis by Marty Vyn Boennighausen
Beauty and Feeling Great - by Marty Vyn
- The_Big_Western_Woman - A poem about the women we
- If I
had one wish..... - Wilderness Messiah Louis
Dawson shares his wish for Eternity.
- Beyond Longs Peak: A
Climber's Quest... - Full motion color video
with sound in .avi format.
Angel of the Lord - Some thoughts from Albert
- Tall_Tale_Von Todenhaupt - Calvin Mauser -
Remmington III shares some shooting tips from his days as
a US Army Sniper.
- My_Special_List - A poem about how Friends
shape your life.
Rainbow_Bridge - The "Bridge" to
Heaven by Linda Gail.
- The_Beauty_of_Women - Contributed by Selleana
- Baboquivari Dreaming - The
Quest for Spiritual Strength - An ascent of Arizona's
in Colorado is the Bearies - By Kendal Hemphill.
Peak the Beautiful - By Kendal Hemphill.
- Reach Up And Touch The Sky An ascent of the Devil's
Tower w/digital videos.
- Into the Light - An ascent of Mount
Lindsay in the Sacred Valley of the Sierra Blanca.
against it!! - A Cartoon about people
who are uncomfortable with change.
- Kajewski's_Law - " No matter how full
your Life is; there is always room for a Beer !!!!!
- James Watt - Marty Vyn Boennighausen's
Great Grandfather invents the Steam Engine.
- Print this poem on paper and keep it in your shirt
pocket.... Read when needed....
For Westcliffe - Learn to "Log
On" the way country folks do.
"They say he
got crazy once and tried to touch the Sun" - from John
Denver's song Rocky Mountain High
von Boennighausen : e-mail thoughts to: email@example.com