Local poems, stories, legends and history
Alpinist Roy Kerswill's
Poem - "The Search"
Capitol Peak, Northwest Face
- Ascent of the Northwest Face of Capitol Peak by John Saccardi
The key to enhanced natural beauty by Marty Vyn Boennighausen
Birds of Fire
- An ascent of the Birds of Fire route on Chiefshead by Bill Wright
The Big Western Woman
- Prose by John C. Amoroso of Big Elk Meadows.
Himmelsleiter - The Art of Solo Climbing
- Complete text of the book: "Himmelsleiter - The Art of Solo Climbing" by Arthur Vyn Boennighausen
Volunteers - A poem
- Author unavailable - from the Jean Mays' collection
Adventure of a Nature Guide
Introduction to Enos Mills book by his grandson, Michael Mills Kiley
Enos A. Mills
One man's contributions can be important to society by Elizabeth and Enda Mills Kiley
ski descent from the Alpine visitors center by
Marty Vyn Boennighausen
Long lost Larry
A tall tale from local storyteller Greg Martin
From local artist Roberta Heisterkamp of Big Elk Meadows. Includes Roberta's own narratives of what she has drawn.
Legend of the Blue Mist
- A legend frequently told by local modem cowboys around the evening campfire.
- A poem by John C. Amoroso of Big Elk Meadows.
Mount Everest, Mount Analogue and the Impossible
Truth and philosophy from the son of local Alpinist, Duane "Shorty" Lankford.
Free Sex with every tank of gas
A Tall Tale from local storyteller Bob Clarke
You probably wonder why I limp
177 year old amateur liar Walt Ledford passes along a story from his youth.
The Perfect Man
An excerpt from Anne Besant's book "The Masters".
- Our younger brothers Ren Peirce & Mathew McDaniel's visionary glimpse of the future in .avi format. A ten megabyte file with a run time of two minutes.
- GIF image of Enos Mills and his 3 year old daughter, Enda with a quote from her favorite song.
The Sword of Truth
- Exerpt from the manuscript of Matthew McDaniel's new book.
The Hermit's Lantern
A poem by Robert W.A. Mommaerts.
Beyond Longs Peak: The Video
- Features cameo appearance of Enda Mills, daughter of Enos Mills, founder of Rocky Mountain National Park.
Love and Death
- Scott Campbell offers some advice along with good coffee from his pulpit at the Sunrise Cafe.
Bears will get you!
- Marty Vyn Boennighausen plants flowers with the help of the Bears.
During the course of the evening they told many wonderful stories...... some of which were even true!!